June 20 2019
Seeking Pilot Testers for Online Courses
We have a number of courses under development and are seeking pilot testers with and without area knowledge for each course. Several courses are in French. Pilot testing each course would be a commitment of a few hours, plus the time to write up your feedback. Whether you're good at spotting typos or prefer to focus on content flow, errors, or inconsistencies, we'd love to hear your feedback!
Some of the courses are:
- Designing and Implementing Population Health Interventions (also in French)
- Basic Statistics for Public Health (also in French)
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Implementation Research in Public Health
- Communicating Data Effectively
Compensation: Our thanks, and written acknowledgement within the course itself once it goes live.
Yes, I'd like to be a pilot tester -- sign me up!
PHESC partners are working over the summer on various training opportunities, including:
- Podcasts on community engagement
- Webinars on reflexive practice
- More online courses on various topics
OPHA Webinar: Developing Cross-sector Partnerships: Facilitators, Strategies & Barriers
Tuesday June 25, 2019
11:00AM - 12:00PM EDT
The Ontario Public Health Association is hosting a webinar series as part of the Keeping Kids Healthy through Collective Impact Project.
Working in a partnership often involves a cross-sector of people from diverse professions, backgrounds and experiences representing different sectors (e.g., education, health care, municipal, non-profit, public health and recreation) to network, coordinate, cooperate, and collaborate for mutual benefits. Developing and sustaining these types of partnerships takes time and effort. In this webinar, we will share the results of a primary study conducted to understand the facilitators, strategies and barriers when working in a cross-sector partnership. Key findings will be shared and three implications for practice highlighted. Participants will also have the opportunity to engage in a facilitated discussion.
This webinar will be of interest to anyone working in or leading a cross-sector partnership.
At the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Recognize facilitators and barriers for developing cross-sector partnerships.
- Identify at least one strategy for the effective development of cross-sector partnerships.
- Reflect how the information can be applied to their own context.