September 19 2019
Online Courses Available from PHESC Partners
Often we talk about topic areas, but today we'll highlight a particular type of training: online courses. PHESC partners have more courses in development, but here are some existing offerings.
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health: Designing and implementing population health interventions
- National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy: Health Impact Assessment Step by Step | L'évaluation d'impact sur la santé, étape par étape
- Public Health Ontario: Health Equity Impact Assessment
- National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools:Organizational Change | Le changement organisationnel
- Alliance for Healthier Communities: Public Health Governance: Leadership in an Integrated Health System
- National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy: A Framework for Analyzing Public Policies | Un cadre d'analyse de politique publique
- Ontario Public Health Association: Public Health and Planning 101
- National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools:Introduction to Evidence-Informed Decision Making| Introduction à la prise de décisions fondée sur des données probantes (and links to many more knowledge translation and evidence-informed decision making courses)
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health with the Association of Public Health Epidemiologists in Ontario: Basic Statistics for Public Health
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health: Foundations of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health with Indigenous partners:Indigenous Health Equity
Remember, all PHESC courses are free until at least the end of our grant.
Oncore-Encours online courses ($): Core skills for public health practice
OnCore is an educational program that breaks down public health concepts through an expansive and interactive online learning experience and cements those concepts through off-line facilitated case studies.
Learn more: https://oncore-encours.ca/
Free webinar: Applying a systems approach to produce health equity
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 | 11 AM to 12 PM Pacific | 2 PM to 3 PM Eastern
During this web forum, Prevention Institute will share its System of Prevention framework, which explains how systems shape health and equity and builds on lessons learned from prevention and health equity initiatives that have dramatically increased the length and quality of people’s lives. The event will also feature leaders of HIP-Cuyahoga, a county-wide health improvement partnership of over 100 agencies, community groups, and organizations that are taking a systems approach to advancing health equity and racial justice. The web forum is designed to encourage health practitioners and their partners to think about how they can work together to redesign systems and intentionally produce health, safety, and equity.
Registration is free and closed captioning is available to all attendees. This event is for anyone working in public health, including: local and state health departments, non-profit organizations, advocacy, business, community-based organizations, education, faith-based organizations, hospitals/health systems, insurance, housing, harm reduction, and other interested parties.
Juliet Sims, RD, MPH, Associate Program Director, Prevention Institute
Greg Brown, MS, Executive Director, PolicyBridge; Co-Chair, HIP-Cuyahoga
Heidi Gullett, MD, MPH, Associate Professor at the Center for Community Health Integration, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Medical Director, Cuyahoga County Board of Health; Co-Chair, HIP-Cuyahoga
La’Quana Williams, MPH, Associate Program Manager, Prevention Institute
More information and to register